package-inferred-system and :around-compile

Eric Timmons etimmons at mit.edu
Tue Dec 1 18:06:42 UTC 2015

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, package-inferred-system's could inherit :around-compile from
> their primary system, and maybe other things, too.
>
> Can you send a patch?

Patch is attached. One deficiency is that if the parent's around-compile
changes and the system is reloaded, the parent will recompile as
expected but the inferred systems won't. The inferred systems see the
change but they're not seen as being out of date. Not sure if that's
worth worrying about/how to go about changing that.

I can definitely add inheritance of other things, but I'm not sure what
makes the most sense. Maybe:

+ :homepage
+ :bug-tracker
+ :mailto