ECL test failures

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 14:35:48 UTC 2015

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
> I just ticketed four new ASDF test failures on Mac with the ECL 16.0.0
> version that I got from Daniel Kochmanski....
>
> Looks to me like there may be some unhappiness with Apple's compiler,
> and there may be some issues with temporary file handling.
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490585
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490587
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490588
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490589
>
> Also on Mac OS X I am getting many warnings that look like this:
>
> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/fasls/ecl-16.0.0-unknown-macosx-x64/asdf/build/asdf.c:11316:1:
> warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
>
> I'd love to have these resolved before making a 3.1.6...

They all look like ECL-side bugs to me, on new features.

Using ext:run-program as a backend to uiop:run-program instead of
ext:system is a feature that's new to 3.1.5, at Daniel's request. We
can disable it again if there's no fix in ECL (Daniel said he'd look
into it next friday).

The test-make-bundle.script is also a new test as of 3.1.5. It works
under Linux, and maybe should be marked as failing under MacOS X, just
like the other bundle tests.

When a man says money can do anything, that settles it: he hasn't got any.
                — Edgar Watson Howe