ECL test failures

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Aug 31 14:58:26 UTC 2015

On 8/31/15 Aug 31 -9:35 AM, Faré wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.net> wrote:
>> I just ticketed four new ASDF test failures on Mac with the ECL 16.0.0
>> version that I got from Daniel Kochmanski....
>>
>> Looks to me like there may be some unhappiness with Apple's compiler,
>> and there may be some issues with temporary file handling.
>>
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490585
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490587
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490588
>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/1490589
>>
>> Also on Mac OS X I am getting many warnings that look like this:
>>
>> /Users/rpg/lisp/asdf/build/fasls/ecl-16.0.0-unknown-macosx-x64/asdf/build/asdf.c:11316:1:
>> warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
>>
>> I'd love to have these resolved before making a 3.1.6...
>>
> They all look like ECL-side bugs to me, on new features.
>
> Using ext:run-program as a backend to uiop:run-program instead of
> ext:system is a feature that's new to 3.1.5, at Daniel's request. We
> can disable it again if there's no fix in ECL (Daniel said he'd look
> into it next friday).
>
> The test-make-bundle.script is also a new test as of 3.1.5. It works
> under Linux, and maybe should be marked as failing under MacOS X, just
> like the other bundle tests.

If we are going to do this, I would like to disable the bundle
operations on the Mac inside ASDF proper, not just in the tests.

If we know these operations don't work, I think we should simply raise
an "unsupported operation" condition or something like that, rather than
having the poor programmer try to figure out why things went wrong....

Do you know which operations (for which implementations) we should
expect to work and which not on the Mac? I'm afraid I never use any of
the bundle operations, so I'm a bit out of my depth here.

Cheers,