[Asdf-devel] ASDF 3.1.4 released today

Faré fare at tunes.org
Sat Oct 11 14:55:00 UTC 2014

Looking at your patch
https://github.com/darabi/asdf/commit/3e57db9e1e3488ed0269ea1d301fa29f0b83ed4e

1- When you comment out (--git-upstream-tag="%(version)s"), which tree
does it use as upstream? The current one? I suppose that will work.

2- What does --git-submodule do? Is it supposed to include the
contents of ext/ in the tarball? That's something we explicitly do NOT
want in general — at least, we want to NOT include any of them in the
.all.deb. Is the issue that otherwise robots can't build the package
because the asdf-tools are used at build time and then we need to
package each of the dependencies in its own .deb? But I believe we are
NOT using the asdf-tools at package build time, only while extracting
the package from source.

Tomorrow will be different from today and from anything that existed in the
past. Tomorrow is a utopia. The only question is to determine which.