[Asdf-devel] ASDF test-program failure, clisp Mac OS X

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:35:42 UTC 2014

On Mon, Oct 6, 2014 at 3:20 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> Interestingly, this fails for me, too, but with a different error -- I
> get a mismatch which looks like the image ran, but I got the REPL prompt
> in the output, instead of just the output alone:
>
> These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
>  (NEST
>  (LISP-INVOCATION:INVOKE-LISP :CROSS-COMPILE NIL :IMAGE-PATH
>   (NATIVE-NAMESTRING IMG) :EVAL
>   "(uiop:restore-image :entry-point 'hello:entry-point :lisp-interaction
> nil)"
>   :RUN-PROGRAM-ARGS '(:OUTPUT :LINES :ERROR-OUTPUT T))) evaluates to
> ("[4]> hello, world")
>  '("hello, world") evaluates to ("hello, world")

I have no idea why there are prompts, even less at #4. Maybe there is
an issue with the image being saved while some output wasn't finished?
If you restart from this image to get a REPL, does it print the "[4]>
" then another prompt? If so, we probably need a call to
finish-outputs in dump-image.

Reisner's Rule of Conceptual Inertia:
        If you think big enough, you'll never have to do it.