[Asdf-devel] clisp on Linux [was Re: ASDF Release?]

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Oct 6 21:12:32 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:

> I get an all pass on Linux with my hand-compiled clisp.

I have the clisp that you get with Linux Mint, and for me I get this
failure:

TEST ABORTED:
These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
 (NEST
 (LISP-INVOCATION:INVOKE-LISP :CROSS-COMPILE NIL :IMAGE-PATH
  (NATIVE-NAMESTRING IMG) :EVAL
  "(uiop:restore-image :entry-point 'hello:entry-point :lisp-interaction
nil)"
  :RUN-PROGRAM-ARGS '(:OUTPUT :LINES :ERROR-OUTPUT T))) evaluates to
("[4]> hello, world")
 '("hello, world") evaluates to ("hello, world")

This is the same failure I was getting on Mac OS X (and not the same one
Dave was getting).

clisp 2.49

As a quick follow-up, when I start clisp the prompt looks like this for me:

[1]>

I am wondering if somehow your hand-built system gets a different prompt
or somehow my prompts bleed through into program output in a way yours
don't....

Best,