[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Wed Mar 12 17:41:27 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1- I think we should proceed and add a default path anyway.
>   ~/cl/ and/or ~/common-lisp/ sound fine to me, and I've seen no one
> complain about that.
>   You could make it ~/local/common-lisp/ if you're into larger paths.

How about providing the following as part of this:

1. the option of a control file within that default path, to be able to
specify subdirectories to be ignored. So anyone who already happens to have
a ~/cl/ with a bunch of inactive subfolders with .asd files can make
~/cl/subdirs-to-exclude.asdc whose contents could be e.g.

  ("inactive-proj-1" "inactive-proj-2")

2. When registering systems in the default location, loudly announce that
this is happening, e.g:

  *****
    Automatically registering .asd systems under ~/cl/...

   Protip: if you want to exclude certain subdirectories, create file

     ~/cl/subdirs-to-exclude.asdc

      containing a list of the subdirectory names to be excluded, e.g.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper