[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:47:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:41 PM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 1:04 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> 1- I think we should proceed and add a default path anyway.
>>   ~/cl/ and/or ~/common-lisp/ sound fine to me, and I've seen no one
>> complain about that.
>>   You could make it ~/local/common-lisp/ if you're into larger paths.
>

> How about providing the following as part of this:
>
> 1. the option of a control file within that default path, to be able to
> specify subdirectories to be ignored. So anyone who already happens to have
> a ~/cl/ with a bunch of inactive subfolders with .asd files can make
> ~/cl/subdirs-to-exclude.asdc whose contents could be e.g.
>
>   ("inactive-proj-1" "inactive-proj-2")

The source-registry :tree thing already provides for recursive exclusions.

I was thinking: since the :tree searcher already does a painful
recursive directory listing,
maybe it could recognize files named source-registry.conf or some
such, that explain
how things are laid out in this directory using :here.
Although, this makes the configuration language and search procedure
mutually recursive, which is dangerous.

Once a person has killed other people on behalf of an ideology, he becomes
rather devoted to it. — John McCarthy