[asdf-devel] Alternate default lisp system location

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:14:39 UTC 2014

> to expose so a :tree recursion there would be very annoying. And please
> don't tell me to :ignore-inherited-configuration, for what's the point
> of the default configuration if so many people either don't use it or
> have to explicitly ignore it ?

well, for now it's two hard-core hackers, for whom it's probably
marginal to get things back on track *if* it actually breaks something
for them.

but we have no idea about the number of newcomers who fire up an
apt-get install sbcl for the first time in their lives, and just want
to try a piece of code copied from the net...

i still remember how goddamn high the fence was to first climb in to
the CL+emacs garden. i'm with Robert on this.

i'm not sure how the defaults would help on this, though. probably a
very slick quicklisp experience has more value than any of these
defaults can create.

just some 2¢,

--
• attila lendvai