[Asdf-devel] Should MKCL wait for ASDF 3.1.3? [Was: Moving MKCL's bundled version to ASDF 3.1.2]

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Sat Jun 21 16:30:37 UTC 2014

Jean-Claude Beaudoin wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM, Jean-Claude Beaudoin
> <jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com <mailto:jean.claude.beaudoin at gmail.com>>
> wrote:
>     On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 7:53 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com
>     <mailto:fahree at gmail.com>> wrote:
>         Robert, I took the liberty of committing this fix as
>         You might want a different fix, or to scratch this feature, etc.
>     I can confirm that, as of now, ASDF git master head is completing
>     a "live upgrade" like ASDF did.
> In the light of this recent bug fix (mentioned here above) is there any
> significant
> advantage for MKCL to move to ASDF 3.1.2 (or should it be or later)
> over, for example, waiting for ASDF 3.1.3?
> Robert, I am under the impression that this is mostly your call, is it not?

That sounds right.  I can make a 3.1.3 available.  Unfortunately (for
ASDF, but not for me), I am going on conference travel and vacation very

I will try to release 3.1.3 in the next couple of days, but if I fail,
it will probably slip until after July 4th.

Clearly, we need 3.1.3 because of the hot upgrade issues.

No other features will make it into 3.1.3, although additional bug fixes
might.  3.1.3 will not feature the new build scriptage, nor the
syntax-control features.  Those will have to wait for more in-depth


More information about the asdf-devel mailing list