[asdf-devel] New ASDF test failures

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 04:49:49 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 10:54 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> TEST ABORTED: These two expressions yield paths that are not pathname-equal
> the first expression (MAKE-PATHNAME :HOST "ASDFTEST" :DIRECTORY
> '(:ABSOLUTE "system2" "module4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL) yields this:
>   #P"ASDFTEST:system2;module4;"
>   (:HOST "ASDFTEST" :DEVICE :UNSPECIFIC :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE "system2"
> "module4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)
>
>         the other expression (PARSE-NAMESTRING
> "ASDFTEST:system2;module4;") yields that:
>   #P"ASDFTEST:SYSTEM2;MODULE4;"
>   (:HOST "ASDFTEST" :DEVICE :UNSPECIFIC :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE "SYSTEM2"
> "MODULE4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)
>
> This seems like it might be wrong -- if these are logical pathnames,
> aren't these two pathnames pathname-equal (at least semantically, if not
> according to your code), because logical pathnames are not case-sensitive?

This assertion was added recently, during my latest fight with
asdf-pathname-test.
I disabled it on CLISP. Apparently, it fails for me on Linux, too, and
I hadn't noticed.
I'll run all tests again on all implementations.

In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French; I never did
succeed in making those idiots understand their language. — Mark Twain