[asdf-devel] New OPERATION subclasses in ASDF 3

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 21:35:48 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 1, 2014 at 3:52 PM, Cyrus Harmon <ch-lisp at bobobeach.com> wrote:
> I have a couple of libraries that make their own operation and component
> classes, asdf-dso, asdf-objects and smarkup come to mind. See
> https://github.com/slyrus/asdf-objects and
> https://github.com/slyrus/smarkup.

These look like they need to be updated for ASDF3.

Also, smarkup could usefully rely on UIOP for run-program,
with-current-directory, etc.
For asynchronous operation, I recommend you either use & for shell background,
or use uiop/run-program::%run-program, which is not as portable.
You might use inferior-shell:run if your shell usage is complex.

Most economic fallacies derive... from the tendency to assume that there
is a fixed pie, that one party can gain only at the expense of another.
        — Milton Friedman