[asdf-devel] New ASDF test failures

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Jan 2 03:54:35 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> Do you have a backtrace for asdf-pathname-test on CCL and/or SBCL?

This one only failed for me on clisp.  Here's the error:

TEST ABORTED: These two expressions yield paths that are not pathname-equal
the first expression (MAKE-PATHNAME :HOST "ASDFTEST" :DIRECTORY
'(:ABSOLUTE "system2" "module4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL) yields this:
  #P"ASDFTEST:system2;module4;"
  (:HOST "ASDFTEST" :DEVICE :UNSPECIFIC :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE "system2"
"module4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)

        the other expression (PARSE-NAMESTRING
"ASDFTEST:system2;module4;") yields that:
  #P"ASDFTEST:SYSTEM2;MODULE4;"
  (:HOST "ASDFTEST" :DEVICE :UNSPECIFIC :DIRECTORY (:ABSOLUTE "SYSTEM2"
"MODULE4") :NAME NIL :TYPE NIL :VERSION NIL)

This seems like it might be wrong -- if these are logical pathnames,
aren't these two pathnames pathname-equal (at least semantically, if not
according to your code), because logical pathnames are not case-sensitive?

I'm actually finding this hard to replicate interactively.  I.e.,. I'm
finding it hard to make clisp's PARSE-NAMESTRING with that string give
the same up-cased pathname as listed above.

Cheers,