[Asdf-devel] request for test: experimental-submodules branch

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Aug 25 13:27:37 UTC 2014

Faré wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
>> I have tried to pull all the dependencies for ASDF building into the
>> repo. I have done this primarily using git submodules, but also had to
>> pull in cl-ppcre as source, since it doesn't seem to be available as a
>> git repo.
>>
> All ediware has been migrated to github by hhuebner, and cl-ppcre is here:
> https://github.com/edicl/cl-ppcre
> Please don't push the cl-ppcre source onto the master branch of asdf.

Thanks.  Please pull an update, and have a look. I replaced the local
copy with a git submodule.

>> If you can, please pull an update, checkout the experimental-submodules
>> branch, and see if it configures properly. All the dependencies should
>> pop up in the ext/ subdirectory (this may not be the best place; I'm
>> open to suggestions for improvement).
>>
> For the record, in xcvb, I called that directory dependencies/

It's ext/ everywhere at SIFT. I'm inclined to keep the shorter name,
unless there's some generally accepted practice to replace it with.

I changed by ASDF_DEVEL_SOURCE_REGISTRY to point to the local
submodules, and this seems to work adequately, but I don't have great tests.

I'll see if this gets me through a next bug fix, which will test my use
of the build scriptage. If so, I will merge the branch, and use it as a
basis for merging minimakefile.

Cheers,