[Asdf-devel] request for test: experimental-submodules branch

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 05:25:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 7:45 PM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> I have tried to pull all the dependencies for ASDF building into the
> repo. I have done this primarily using git submodules, but also had to
> pull in cl-ppcre as source, since it doesn't seem to be available as a
> git repo.

All ediware has been migrated to github by hhuebner, and cl-ppcre is here:
https://github.com/edicl/cl-ppcre
Please don't push the cl-ppcre source onto the master branch of asdf.

> If you can, please pull an update, checkout the experimental-submodules
> branch, and see if it configures properly. All the dependencies should
> pop up in the ext/ subdirectory (this may not be the best place; I'm
> open to suggestions for improvement).

For the record, in xcvb, I called that directory dependencies/

PS: xcvb has seen no new feature since Summer 2012, a few months
before the work on ASDF 3 began. It has been slightly updated to
account for ASDF 3, with a lot of library code moved out of XCVB: most
xcvb-driver was moved to UIOP; UIOP also ate the previous asdf-utils
and made xcvb-utils obsolete. lisp-invocation was spun off. I'm not
sure it's worth investing in XCVB anymore at this point; most of its
ideas have influenced ASDF 3, and what remains to be done (e.g
cross-compilation) can probaby be done more easily on top of ASDF 3
than on top of XCVB.

There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.
        — Morpheus, in "The Matrix"