trying some ASDF tests on Windows (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Volunteer for LispWorks testing?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Wed Sep 4 19:45:35 UTC 2013

Hi Robert,

 [also cc'ing this to asdf-devel in case anyone else has feedback]

Ok, shifting gears a little bit here first...

I'm trying a few test runs of the ASDF test suite on Windows. Platforms on
Windows which I have available to test right now are: Allegro CL (several
variations), and CCL.

To prepare to run the tests on Windows, I installed cygwin and cygwin's
make. Then to run the tests, I do (for lack of having this more automated
so far):

1.  set ASDF_TEST_LISPS appropriately.

2. Edit run-tests.sh to point to appropriate Lisp executables.

3  Invoke "make test-all-no-upgrade" from the cygwin command shell.

Let's try CCL first.  Here are the outputs:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc2cqwpkp06dupm/-vvd5gFwTk/cl/tests/asdf/output/2013-09-04/windows/ccl-1.9-f96-win-x86/ccl.text

I can try to dive into these further, but I thought I would post the
results here first in case anything is obvious to anyone.

Incidentally, I have been running ASDF in production with Allegro CL for
some time now (including asdf:monolithic-fasl-op) and it has been working
well.  There are some startup glitches for running ASDF tests on
Windows/Allegro right now. After the CCL issue is resolved I will return to
trying to get the tests to run for Allegro on Windows.

Regards,

 Dave

P.S. I can see the Launchpad link you sent earlier.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699