trying some ASDF tests on Windows (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Volunteer for LispWorks testing?)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 20:42:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:45 PM, Dave Cooper <david.cooper at genworks.com> wrote:
> I'm trying a few test runs of the ASDF test suite on Windows. Platforms on
> Windows which I have available to test right now are: Allegro CL (several
> variations), and CCL.
>
> To prepare to run the tests on Windows, I installed cygwin and cygwin's
> make. Then to run the tests, I do (for lack of having this more automated so
> far):
>
> 1.  set ASDF_TEST_LISPS appropriately.
>
> 2. Edit run-tests.sh to point to appropriate Lisp executables.

Can't you just set (and export) the CCL variable? (And for Allegro,
ALLEGRO and ALLEGROMODERN ?)

> 3  Invoke "make test-all-no-upgrade" from the cygwin command shell.
>
> Let's try CCL first.  Here are the outputs:
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jc2cqwpkp06dupm/-vvd5gFwTk/cl/tests/asdf/output/2013-09-04/windows/ccl-1.9-f96-win-x86/ccl.text

> I can try to dive into these further, but I thought I would post the results
> here first in case anything is obvious to anyone.

The test-bundle.script output suggests that, on Windows, there might
be a bug in ccl:fasl-concatenate. Please create a reduced test, and
open a bug against CCL if that is indeed the case, using
http://trac.clozure.com/ccl/newticket

The test-configuration.script failure shows that some tests assume
unix pathnames and : as separator between paths while parsing lists of
pathnames in a string. On Windows, ; is the separator between paths.
The tests need to be conditionalized on #+asdf-unix, and/or some
non-unix equivalent has to be provided and/or the strings should be
joined using (uiop:inter-directory-separator) rather than #\: . Same
failure in test-utilities.script.

The test-multiple.script failure reveals an error in run-program, that
looks like it does a (cons "cmd" argument) instead of a (list "cmd"
argument). Same failure in test-run-program.script.

NB: I am NOT going to fix these failures, though I apologize for
introducing them. However, I am glad to be of help to anyone willing
to figure out where and how to fix them.

Regards,

You think war is economically beneficial? Then why share those benefits with
dirty foreigners? Let's have a civil war — A war we're sure to win!