[asdf-devel] 3.0.3 release plans

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 02:49:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 8:54 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> I was hoping to release this past week, but was unable to get further
> testing done.
>
> Before releasing, I try to test a number of large systems that we use
> here at SIFT with the latest ASDF.  This provides a real world add-on to
> the test suite.  Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to make this
> test.  I hope to do so in the next couple of days.
>
> That should either reveal bugs, or lead to an immediate release of 3.0.3.
>
> It would be great if the quicklisp issues could be resolved
> satisfactorily in time for 3.0.3.

I took the liberty of committing as 3.0.2.12 a patch that will
hopefully fix the issue raised by Zach and blocking adoption by
Quicklisp: before to load the asd for foo/bar, asdf will try to load
the asd for foo, and so extensions to
*system-definition-search-functions* don't have to explicitly know
about that for the magic to happen.

Zach, can you test at your leisure whether this satisfies you?

I also added a utility ensure-gethash, some docstrings, and tweaked
the webpage and manual.

There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please.
And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.
        — P. J. O'Rourke