patch for allegro8 (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Ready to release?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Fri Oct 18 18:18:03 UTC 2013

> Therefore, I don't feel your patch as is is ready for inclusion — much
> more work needed.

Fine.

So I update my toplevel "run" script (attached) to make a separate asdf/
directory for each OS, thereby keeping things entirely partitioned but
allowing to run the same toplevel script everywhere.

This "run" script does an

  rsync -aL --delete

in order to clone the asdf/ directory to the os-specific one, so it has the
effect of starting with a fresh asdf directory every time (i.e. with the
build/ directory cleared out).

Also attached is another patch which protects the test-multiple.script from
failure when the filesystem does not support symbolic links (e.g. in a
virtualbox guest folder shared from the virtualbox host). This patch also
adds the ability to set an ALLEGRO_NOISY environment variable so that
Allegro on Windows will pop up the consoles (useful for cases when there
are failures and you need to be able to capture the output).

I am reliably replicating test-encoding.script failures now with alisp8 and
mlisp8 on Windows and Linux. I will send that output separately.

I am also still getting intermittent test-stamp-propagation failures, but
these seem to be more rare since I am starting with clean asdf directory
for each set of test runs. But the next time I do get one I will provide
the output.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support
david.cooper at genworks.com, dave.genworks.com(skype)
USA: 248-327-3253(o), 1-248-330-2979(mobile)
UK: 0191 645 1699