patch for allegro8 (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Ready to release?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Fri Oct 18 05:41:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> If/when you get an intermittent failure, can you grab the error output?
> Is it "just" a case of polluted fasl cache between alisp and alisp8?

I didn't succeed in getting any more yet.

But I did get a stamp-propagation-test failure on SBCL/Linux (attached).

There is also a test-multiple failure in there, but that's because I am
running Linux in a mounted VM guest filesystem which doesn't allow symbolic
linking (it comes back with "Read-only Filesystem" when you try to make a
symbolic link in an OS terminal shell). I wonder if this test can query the
OS somehow to see if the current filesystem allows symbolic links, and
don't try to make them if not.

Also attached is a patch which makes the output *.text files in
build/results/ be os-specific, to allow for running the tests in the same
asdf/ directory mounted across multiple machines.

There are other outputs (e.g. fasl cache directories) which I feel also
ought to be named in an os-specific manner, to support running the tests
from a common directory across all machines. But the bootstrapping issues
involved with that are a bit beyond obvious to me at first glance ---
presumably some of these names would have to be determined in
script-support.lisp, before asdf is loaded with its "detect-os" etc.
goodness. So I guess a subset of that functionality would have to be copied
into script-support.lisp.

--
My Best,

Dave Cooper, Genworks Support