patch for allegro8 (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Ready to release?)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 06:39:26 UTC 2013

1- these tests really aren't geared to be run concurrently by two (or
more) implementations at once. Some tests, such as the stamp
propagation test or the other that failed, do various side-effects to
the filesystem, to check how asdf responds to them. Therefore, until
this is fixed, it does not necessarily make sense to try to
distinguish multiple systems that share the same results directory at
once, etc.

2- Yes, there is a bootstrap problem with putting things in
implementation dependent directories before the UIOP support for that
has been loaded. That's why I don't try, and there are parts of the
system that use cruder techniques.

3- Resolving all these issues is not impossible, but doing it right,
especially without massive inefficiency or unmaintainability, is more
work than I'm willing to put at present.

Therefore, I don't feel your patch as is is ready for inclusion — much
more work needed.

If it's not worth doing right, it's not worth doing. — Scott McKay