patch for allegro8 (was: Re: [asdf-devel] Ready to release?)

Dave Cooper david.cooper at genworks.com
Sat Oct 19 21:33:46 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> But I am still getting stamp-propagation failures on Windows with mlisp
> >> after having run mlisp8 (and I think it would also fail if running
> mlisp8
> >> after mlisp). I will send the console output from that separately.
> >
> That makes sense: the test includes a test of the time propagation bug
> for the native defsystem, and then the lack of output-translations on
> said native defsystem will cause issues.
>
> Maybe we should just disable the native test for now. It's not testing
> ASDF itself, anyway.
>
> If you have time, you can add a clearing of the fasls in the native
> defsystem test.

Ok here's a patch for that.

It seems to fix things for allegro/Windows, but now it reared its head
again on sbcl/Windows.

The failure is always the same:

These two expressions fail comparison with EQUAL:
 (ASDF-TEST::SANITIZE-LOG (ASDF-TEST::RELOAD ASDF/DEFSYSTEM:DEFSYSTEM))
evaluates to ((:COMPILING :SYSTEM))
 (QUOTE ((:COMPILING :SYSTEM) (:LOAD-TOPLEVEL :FILE1) (:COMPILE-TOPLEVEL
:FILE2) (:LOAD-TOPLEVEL :FILE2))) evaluates to ((:COMPILING :SYSTEM)
(:LOAD-TOPLEVEL :FILE1) (:COMPILE-TOPLEVEL :FILE2) (:LOAD-TOPLEVEL :FILE2))

A couple of things I cannot figure out:

 1. How on earth does the following work on Windows without throwing an
error:

    (uiop:run-program `("touch" ,(native-namestring filename))
                     :output t :error-output t)

   as far as I know there is no "touch" command on Windows, and when I try
this at the command line I get "starting shell command resulted in
error..."

 2. By the way, for the ASDF tests, am I clearing the correct fasl files?

And with even more time, transform the test so that in the ASDF case,
> it touches or deletes files in the asdf timestamp cache rather than do
> it in the filesystem (the trick obviously won't work for the native
> defsystem test).

I'm fairly sure I would screw things up if I tried that with my current
level of understanding...