[asdf-devel] Buggy release

rpgoldman at sift.info rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu May 16 22:23:15 UTC 2013

I would suggest if you do this, we might want to offer some syntactic means to get the old behavior.

Certainly there are cases where a library supplier may change the API in ways that mean "any version from 2 on" will be the wrong thing and what is wanted really is "version 2, not version 1, and not version 3." There have definitely been cases where upgrading a library will break dependent systems: I don't think we should have a build system that can't deal with that case.
Best,