[asdf-devel] About some new system slots

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Mon Jul 8 08:29:23 UTC 2013

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Although, it isn't clear yet how source-control may or may not specify
> the VCS used: should we prefix the URL with a git: or svn: or darcs:
> or some such? ASDF uses: :source-control (:git
> "git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git")

  Personally, I would not complicate this slot and just go for a simple
  URL pointing to a VCS related web page. If you start specifying more
  information there, you will end up with a big mess (which VCS, which
  access backend, which access type (r/o r/w) etc.).

That's just me of course.

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Lisp, Jazz, Aïkido: http://www.didierverna.info