[asdf-devel] About some new system slots

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:40:46 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM, Didier Verna <didier at lrde.epita.fr> wrote:
> what's the purpose of the LONG-NAME slot in ASDF 3's system class?
(defsystem :asdf/defsystem
  :long-name "Another System Definition Facility"
The system name might be an acronym — this would be its expansion.

> Also, can I assume that HOMEPAGE, SOURCE-CONTROL and BUG-TRACKER are
> meant to be URL strings ?
Yes, though this isn't enforced at the time.

Although, it isn't clear yet how source-control may or may not specify
the VCS used:
should we prefix the URL with a git: or svn: or darcs: or some such? ASDF uses:
  :source-control (:git "git://common-lisp.net/projects/asdf/asdf.git")

He who refuses to do arithmetic is doomed to talk nonsense.
        — John McCarthy, in his webpage on Progress and Sustainability