[asdf-devel] cl-test-grid questions

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 6 16:48:21 UTC 2013

06.01.2013, 19:41, "Faré" <fahree at gmail.com>:

> And to (asdf:initialize-source-registry '(:source-registry
> :ignore-inherited-configuration)) to make sure I'm testing what's in
> quicklisp and now my own source checkouts? (or are you doing that part
> already?)

I didn't know it is necessary, but added it right now, so it is solved.

> I probably do NOT want my cl-test-grid results to be mixed with the
> usual results, since I want to run with my own version of ASDF which
> will skew the results. But I DO want to compare my results to an
> existing baseline. How do I achieve this effect?

> Where in cl-test-grid is the correct place to hook a call to
> asdf:upgrade-asdf before trying to load stuff?

I thought you can have a directory quicklisp-patched/ with
quicklisp patched to have newer version of ASDF and also
changed (defvar *required-asdf-version* "2.<your version>")
in the quicklisp-patched/setup.lisp file, line 26.
This will enforce asdf upgrade by quicklisp.

Then, if you setup test-grid-agent as described at
https://github.com/cl-test-grid/cl-test-grid, instead of calling
test-grid-agent:main in your run-agent.lisp script, you do:

    (setf (test-grid-agent::result-storage-name *agent*) "asdf")
    (test-grid-agent::test-patched-quicklisp *agent* #p"quicklisp-patched/" "quicklisp 2012-12-23+asdf-patch-01")

This will run tests on all the lisp-exe's you configured and upload test results to online
storage named "asdf". Without the above customization the results are uploaded
into the storage named "main". So your results will not be mixed with usual results.

Test results are represented as a simple p-list, so we will be able to extract
result from main storage and compare with your results. On the other hand
it may be more reliable that you run tests for not-patched quicklisp on your
machine too, so that patched and unpatched quicklisp.
    (test-grid-agent::test-patched-quicklisp *agent* #p"quicklisp/" "quicklisp 2012-12-23")

I can assist with all this. We can setup a chat, or skype call to help you to start the tests.
After tests are finished, we can contact again and I will show how to access the results
and compare them.

Just looking ahead, to access the results from online storage the following functions
are is used:

    ;; create local replica
    (defparameter *r* (test-grid-storage:make-replica "asdf" "db-asdf-snapshot.lisp"))
    ;; fetch the changes
    (test-grid-storage:sync *r*)
    ;; access the data
    (test-grid-storage:data *r*)