[asdf-devel] standard io syntax woes

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 01:44:38 UTC 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Implementations that make the standard readtable read-only:
>> allegro sbcl
>> Implementations that don't:
>> abcl ccl clisp cmucl ecl lispworks scl
>
> This is not true
>
>> (with-standard-io-syntax
>   (set-dispatch-macro-character #\! #\Y (constantly nil)))
>
> Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
> Change readtable

Oops, my tests were not automated enough and I missed that. Sorry.

> I just realized the error message is broken, but ECL does have read-only
> readtables and a function to lock them (ext:readtable-lock readtable
> &optional yes-or-no)

Thanks.

> I am not sure about the pprint dispatch table, though. We just recycled old
> SBCL/CMUCL code for that.

You would have to do something similar to keep the standard
pprint-dispatch table read-only.

Thanks a lot!

Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others. — Jonathan Swift