[asdf-devel] standard io syntax woes

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 07:18:33 UTC 2013

> Or I could rely on SBCL being used a whole lot and indeed having
> immutable such default syntax tables with understandable messages
> to blame whoever tries to mutate those tables without rebinding them

this approach seems to be the most straightforward to me.

especially since we have that great cl-test-grid running on multiple
lisps, one of which is sbcl which will catch the wrongdoers.

i'd also argue that it's also a potential time waster if asdf rebinds
a copy and someone foolhardy tries to modify *readtable*, and will
experience zero sideffects contrary to his expectations.

he will waste his own time only, so it's already much better, but
still not ideal.

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!
PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39