[asdf-devel] standard io syntax woes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 21:46:48 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Implementations that make the standard readtable read-only:
> allegro sbcl
> Implementations that don't:
> abcl ccl clisp cmucl ecl lispworks scl

This is not true

> (with-standard-io-syntax
  (set-dispatch-macro-character #\! #\Y (constantly nil)))

Condition of type: SIMPLE-ERROR
Change readtable

Available restarts:

1. (RESTART-TOPLEVEL) Go back to Top-Level REPL.

Broken at SI:BYTECODES. [Evaluation of: (WITH-STANDARD-IO-SYNTAX
(SET-DISPATCH-MACRO-CHARACTER #\! ...))] In: #<process TOP-LEVEL>.

I just realized the error message is broken, but ECL does have read-only
readtables and a function to lock them (ext:readtable-lock readtable
&optional yes-or-no)

I am not sure about the pprint dispatch table, though. We just recycled old
SBCL/CMUCL code for that.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC