[asdf-devel] New version of ASDF with enhanced Allegro test script

Robert P. Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Thu Dec 12 01:26:19 UTC 2013

Dave Cooper wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Robert P. Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info
> <mailto:rpgoldman at sift.info>> wrote:
>
>     Now you can configure by simply pointing the test script at an install
>     directory (32- or 64-bit, conventional or SMP).
>

> But for the ASDF_TEST_LISPS we still have to list out each executable,
> right? e.g.
>
>  export ASDF_TEST_LISPS="allegro allegro8 allegromodern allegromodern8
> allegro_s allegro8_s allegromodern_s allegromodern8_s allegro_64
> allegro8_64 allegromodern_64 allegromodern8_64 allegro_64_s
> allegro8_64_s allegromodern_64_s allegromodern8_64_s ccl sbcl"
>
> or is there a way to have it do all 4 executables within an allegro
> install directory?

I'm afraid as yet, yes, you need to list all the four executables
separately in ASDF_TEST_LISPS.

The problem is that the way run_tests.sh is written for now is to run
the tests for a *single* lisp implementation (where each one of the ACL
variants counts as a "single lisp implementation").  It's the makefile
that handles iterating over all of the lisp implementations in
ASDF_TEST_LISPS, not the shell script.

I looked at restructuring run-tests.sh to permit looping over the
different ACL variants, with an eye to permitting one to say something like

run-tests.sh allegro64s

and get all of the variants of Allegro, 64-bit, SMP.  That is, for those
unfamiliar with the structure of ACL delivery, all of the variants that
are contained in a single directory.

Unfortunately, this would be a fairly significant refactoring, so I
decided to separate adding looping from the configuration.  It's also
possible that enhancing the makefile would be an easier way to achieve this.

Best,