[asdf-devel] Using asdf with Corman Lisp 3

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 13:26:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:13 AM, Didier Verna <didier at lrde.epita.fr> wrote:
> Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I had no idea that anyone was still using Corman Lisp. With the author
>> not replying to any of my emails for years, and the most active users
>> long gone, I have classified the platform as "dead until further
>> notice". I understand you too are trying to port your software to it,
>> but that might be wasted time.
>
>   Noted.
>
> FWIW, I have made some progress: Corman Lisp's (user-homedir-pathname)
> happens to return a pathname with a file component, ie:
> - the directory part is \Users\
> - the file part is Didier
>
> As a consequence, calling PATHNAME-DIRECTORY on it returns C:\Users\ and
> the source registry becomes C:\Users\.config\common-lisp\source-registry.conf
> (the actual user homedir is missing).
>
> This is easily fixed with a Siebel-like PATHNAME-AS-DIRECTORY function.
> However, I ran into a bunch of other problems after that (such as the
> lack of a TRANSLATE-LOGICAL-PATHNAME function).

That part easy: you could modify defun* user-homedir to wrap
user-homedir-pathname in an ensure-directory-pathname.

As for translate-logical-pathname, there's a #+cormanlisp progn that
could define it as identity.

Based on your report, I've committed these changes to asdf 2.24.3. Please test.

> So given what you're saying above, I think I'll just give up.

Here, give it another try!

In its weak form, Utilitarianism sums up as a requirement
of observational consistency and behavioral relevance for ethical rules.
		— Faré