[asdf-devel] Using asdf with Corman Lisp 3

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Wed Sep 12 13:13:59 UTC 2012

Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had no idea that anyone was still using Corman Lisp. With the author
> not replying to any of my emails for years, and the most active users
> long gone, I have classified the platform as "dead until further
> notice". I understand you too are trying to port your software to it,
> but that might be wasted time.

  Noted.

FWIW, I have made some progress: Corman Lisp's (user-homedir-pathname)
happens to return a pathname with a file component, ie:
- the directory part is \Users\
- the file part is Didier

As a consequence, calling PATHNAME-DIRECTORY on it returns C:\Users\ and
the source registry becomes C:\Users\.config\common-lisp\source-registry.conf
(the actual user homedir is missing).

This is easily fixed with a Siebel-like PATHNAME-AS-DIRECTORY function.
However, I ran into a bunch of other problems after that (such as the
lack of a TRANSLATE-LOGICAL-PATHNAME function).

So given what you're saying above, I think I'll just give up.

> Sorry, the only people who can make me touch a Windows machine without
> paying me big bucks are my parents

  Well, I can always modify the envelope of my emails :-)

--
Resistance is futile. You will be jazzimilated.

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier
Music (Jazz) site: http://www.didierverna.com