[asdf-devel] Using asdf with Corman Lisp 3

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 16:07:41 UTC 2012

Cher Didier,

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Didier Verna <didier at lrde.epita.fr> wrote:
> I'm trying to use ASDF (git repo) with Corman Lisp 3.0 natively on
> Windows. I managed to have Corman Lisp load ASDF, but now I have a
> configuration problem.

I had no idea that anyone was still using Corman Lisp.
With the author not replying to any of my emails for years,
and the most active users long gone,
I have classified the platform as "dead until further notice".
I understand you too are trying to port your software to it,
but that might be wasted time.

> I have a file C:\Users\Didier\.config\common-lisp\source-registry.conf
> which contains this:
>
> (:source-registry
>   (:tree "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Common Lisp\")
>   :inherit-configuration)
>
> But ASDF doesn't find any of the packages I put there.
> asdf::*source-registry* seems to be NIL. What am I doing wrong ?

The first thing I'd do is check that it's not a silly issue of
failing to escape \ as \\.

The second thing I'd try on Corman Lisp would be
to make sure these functions work:
	directory*
	directory-files
	subdirectories

The third thing I'd do would be to trace various functions in the ASDF
package until I find out what's failing.

Sorry, the only people who can make me touch a Windows machine without
paying me big bucks are my parents,
so I won't do the debugging of Corman Lisp myself.

Bonne chance!

It’s amazing that the amount of news that happens in the world everyday
always just exactly fits the newspaper.