[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.26 in Quicklisp

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 04:43:25 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:59 PM, Robert Goldman <rpgoldman at sift.info> wrote:
> On 11/27/12 Nov 27 -9:54 PM, Faré wrote:
>>> There are quite a few references like this:
>>>
>>>   * :around-compile attribute
>>>
>>>   * :compile-check argument
>>>
>>>   * :encoding attribute
>>>
>>>   * :force-not feature
>>>
>>> etc, etc.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure where those attributes, arguments, and features are meant
>>> to be used. Examples would go a long way in explaining the context in
>>> which each thing might be used.
>>>
>> Indeed. I'll try to update the ASDF docs and provide links to public
>> examples of usage of these features.
>>

> If you would like, I would be happy to try to help with the texinfo.
>
> Sorry to have been so unavailable to help: I am having all sorts of
> family events, some good, some bad, and they have left me with little
> time to contribute to ASDF.
>
> Cheers,

I did a very quick pass at documenting compile-check, force-not,
require-system, *load-system-operation*. Nothing great, but better
than nothing.

Yes, another major pass at fixing asdf.texinfo would be great.

Robert, I hope everything is now going well with your family.

The more one knows, the more one knows that one knows not. Science extends
the field of our (meta)ignorance even more than the field of our knowledge.