[asdf-devel] :default-component-class and custom module classes

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:12:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 12:22 AM, Nikodemus Siivola
<nikodemus at random-state.net> wrote:
> I was trying to make a custom module class, which would have provided
> its own :DEFAULT-COMPONENT-CLASS via
> :DEFAULT-INITARGS, but
>
>        (setf (module-default-component-class ret)
>              (or default-component-class
>                  (and (typep parent 'module)
>                       (module-default-component-class parent))))
>
> means that does work as I hoped it would. The closest I can get is by
> overriding ASDF::MODULE-DEFAULT-COMPONENT-CLASS method, but that seems
> fairly icky.
>
> Is there a better way?

ASDF has been using the more traditional method (however arguably less flexible)
of specifying default values via initform.

So, in your module class's defclass, use
  (default-component-class :initform 'my-component-class)

Does that do what you want?

Don't ask me to fix your computer. I'm a software engineer; I break computers.
        — Mark Pauley