[asdf-devel] :default-component-class and custom module classes

Nikodemus Siivola nikodemus at random-state.net
Mon May 7 04:22:29 UTC 2012

I was trying to make a custom module class, which would have provided
its own :DEFAULT-COMPONENT-CLASS via
:DEFAULT-INITARGS, but

        (setf (module-default-component-class ret)
              (or default-component-class
                  (and (typep parent 'module)
                       (module-default-component-class parent))))

means that does work as I hoped it would. The closest I can get is by
overriding ASDF::MODULE-DEFAULT-COMPONENT-CLASS method, but that seems
fairly icky.

Is there a better way?

Cheers,

 -- Nikodemus