[asdf-devel] ASDF works again with ECL (also a question)

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 19 19:24:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you help with the configuration on Windows?
> What is the ECL equivalent of LispWorks' get-folder-path?
> Or if there isn't one builtin, how do I read a string entry from
> the registry?

We do not export in ECL any way to read the registry, nor any function to
get local paths for concepts like Desktop, Documents, etc.

> Can you test ASDF with ECL on Windows?

Sure. I am building it right now. But is there a way to run the tests here?

> Do these environment variables USERPROFILE and ALLUSERSPROFILE actually
> exist?

They do exist.However, I have a problem with ASDF's use of ALLUSERSPROFILE,
because it is mixed with a pathname "Application Data ..." which may have a
different name on a different language -- Windows has the bad habit of
naming system folders differently depending on the localization of the
operating system. Unfortunately all my copies of Windows are installed with
US locale and language so I can not check this.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)