[asdf-devel] ASDF works again with ECL (also a question)

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 18:51:19 UTC 2010

On 19 March 2010 13:34, Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
<juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Thansk for the latest changes, they work like a charm now.

Glad to know it was "just" a package problem, and thanks to Robert
for the diagnostic and to you for the explanation!
I'm glad it didn't require any deep algorithmic fix.

> I have done something which I do not know whether it is a desired protocol.
> Namely I have submitted patches for asdf-ecl.lisp using launchpad.
> I did this because I always found it more convenient to have a look at the
> ECL bug/patch tracker thank keeping track of the emails with patches and
> remember whether they were committed.
> Is it ok? Should I continue doing so with the following patches, such as
> test cases, etc?

You did the right thing. It's better to file issues that way indeed.

Committed as 1.656.

We're drawing close to a ASDF 2 release.
Is there anything missing in the documentation?

The only piece of code which I think is missing, is support
for configuration paths under Windows.

Can you help with the configuration on Windows?
What is the ECL equivalent of LispWorks' get-folder-path?
Or if there isn't one builtin, how do I read a string entry from
the registry? Can you test ASDF with ECL on Windows?
Do these environment variables USERPROFILE and ALLUSERSPROFILE actually exist?

[If users or vendors of other implementations are around,
I'm soliciting the same services.]

You cannot teach a man anything; you can only help him find it for himself.
	— attributed to Galileo Galilei