[asdf-devel] Q about ASDF on LW

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:10:42 UTC 2010

2010/1/20 Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com>:
>   From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Far=E9?= <fahree at gmail.com>
>   Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:30:48 -0500
>   Cc: Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com>, asdf-devel at common-lisp.net
>
>   If you actually send the backtrace on the list, or attach it to an
>   ASDF bug on launchpad.net, that would help a lot figure out what's
>   wrong and how to fix it.
>
> Here it is. Note that the "extend stack by 50%" restart did the trick.

Your backtrace shows nothing obviously wrong, and if extending the
stack does the trick, the problem is possibly that LW starts with an
extremely small stack and/or does some stack-allocation optimizations
that blow the little stack it has. I blame LW settings (did you
override the defaults?)

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things
to be bought and sold are legislators." — P.J. O'Rourke