[asdf-devel] Q about ASDF on LW

Daniel Herring dherring at tentpost.com
Wed Jan 20 18:18:14 UTC 2010

Hi all,

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 10:09:39 GMT
From: Nick Levine <ndl at ravenbrook.com>
Subject: Re: [LibCL-devel] [ann] libcl-2010-01-18-snapshot

       > All the above was with LW 6.0. I also tried LW 5.1.2 and got a
       > stack overflow loading alexandria\alexandria.asd

       Odd; this snapshot contains the same alexandria as the last
       beta...

    I suspect it's an ASDF thing rather than anything to do with
    Alexandria. Where shall I send the backtrace?

Btw this is fixed by compiling asdf rather than loading it into LW as
interpretted source.

Can an ASDF developer reproduce this on LW5?  Is there a good reason to
need a compiled ASDF, or would LW benefit from an extra eval-when or
finalize-instance somewhere?  If we should always compile, is there a way
to use asdf-binary-locations to control the dump of the ASDF fasl?

Thanks,
Daniel

P.S.  alexandria.asd last changed on 2008-11-23.