[asdf-devel] ASDF configuration

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 21:12:18 UTC 2010

Dear ASDF-interested hackers,

I've cleaned up my code for ASDF configuration and committed it to my repo.
   http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/xcvb/asdf.git
Documentation is currently in
   README.source-registry
there.

While discussing with Peter Van Eynde and James Knight regarding
debian common-lisp-controller bug 560781 I came to the conclusion that
we probably want something similar for ASDF-BINARY-LOCATIONS.
If someone who has hacked ABL more than I understands the issues, I'd
be grateful to discuss with him and flesh out an implementation of
such a configuration (maybe refactoring the code to share stuff with
the current parser).

Are there any other parts of ASDF that require similar configuration?

In any case, in my repository, I bumped the version to 1.500 to signal
the significance of recent changes. I will merge and release next week
if no one sees any objection. When all the configuration we need is
ready and debugged, I'd like to release a version 2.0 and start peddling
ASDF upgrades to all Lisp implementation vendors.

The probability of the people in power being individuals who would dislike the
possession and exercise of power is on a level with the probability that an
extremely tender-hearted person would get the job of whipping-master on a
slave plantation. — Frank H. Knight