[asdf-devel] ASDF configuration through files

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 18:19:49 UTC 2010

Dear ASDF hackers,

my experimental repository at
http://common-lisp.net/gitweb?p=projects/xcvb/asdf.git
contains some (fugly) code to address the configurability issue:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/asdf/+bug/485918

I won't release the code until I clean it up somewhat, but I'm already
requesting comments.

The idea is that you should configure your paths through user and
system files, more or less as described in a previous mailing-list
post:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/asdf-devel/2009-December/000580.html

This hooks into the asdf sysdef search mechanism in a way that takes
precedence over the current *central-registry* but falls back to it
when systems are not found.

The difference between a programmer and a user, is that the programmer
knows there is no difference between using and programming.     — Faré