[asdf-devel] asdf 1.600

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll juanjose.garciaripoll at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:04:46 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 1:23 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just released ASDF 1.600 in the official repository.

Please do not feel offended by the following: I am grateful that ASDF is
moving so quickly.

However, for the future, I think you should avoid by all means the word
"release" and "release numbers" that are approaching the hundred-ths. There
is no way for unknowledgeable users nor busy implementors to find milestones
or real _releases_ that we should ship with our implementations.

Maybe if the next release is ASDF 2.0 one should begin thinking on a
different numbering, distinguishing individual sets of fixes pushed via git
from monthly releases that aim at broader testing -- by that I mean with
something like http://ecls.sf.net/logs.html but replacing platforms with
implementations. I would not mind help on the latter at some point, but
commercial implementations would be out of my reach.

Juanjo

--
Instituto de Física Fundamental, CSIC
c/ Serrano, 113b, Madrid 28006 (Spain)