[asdf-devel] asdf 1.600

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 08:23:26 UTC 2010

While I don't have clear numbering plans for ASDF post 2.0,
my plan until we reach 2.0 is that I will try to get near 1.x00 when a
major feature is added.

We're currently at 1.601. It is hopefully stable enough for
implementors to use. At least that's the intent. But it is not yet
extensively tested (though no worse than previous ASDFs), and not yet
extensively documented. So it doesn't qualify as the desired 2.0
release.

I would certainly like it if Lisp implementations would upgrade ASDF
already, and I made a special effort to merge what you sent me for
ECL. But I admit I am not going to fight for it, either, until the
time is ripe, because I have only so many forces for fighting, and
might not be able to pull it off twice.

And so, regarding ECL: please upgrade ASDF to 1.601 if you can. It
would be nice. And reduce the asdf self-upgrade strictures.

You're currently going through a difficult transition period called "Life."