[asdf-devel] Problem with time skew

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 20:07:49 UTC 2010

> Sorry about not attaching the code upfront. All I have is this -
>
> ;; cl-syslink.asd
> (asdf:defsystem "cl-syslink"
>  :serial t
>  :components ((:file "syslink")))
>
> ;; syslink.lisp
> (defpackage :syslink
>  (:use :cl)
>  (:export :hw))
>
> (in-package :syslink)
>
> (defun hw ()
>  (print "Hello Syslink World"))
>
>>> On investigation I found that the universal-time stored in *defined-systems* is
>>> just slightly behind the file-write-date. The dates I see are in-memory:
>>> 3499707641 and safe-file-write-date 3500387179.
>>>
>> So you loaded a previous version of the file on Nov 25 and last modified
>> the file on Dec 3. What else happened in the meantime?
>
> I never bothered to look at the date until you mentioned it, but I
> just ran date on the board and that shows the following
>
> root at dm816x-evm:~# date
> Fri Nov 26 05:01:45 UTC 2010
>
> But obviously today is not Nov 26 :-) Looks like there isn't an RTC on
> the board or its not working correctly. get-universal-time reports the
> time that the board thinks it is but since the files are on NFS, the
> server (which most likely has the correct date) reports a date way
> ahead.

Bug reproduced. And fixed.

1- it should work with 2.011.3
2- you can test with your skewed clock (or skewing it again)
3- don't forget to unskew your clock in the end.

Thanks for the bug report!

Life is made of commitment. Neutrality is a myth, unless towards the
irrelevant. Don't hide your responsibilities under that carpet. — Faré