[asdf-devel] Problem with time skew

Sid H shortsightedsid at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 13:31:44 UTC 2010

<snip>
On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Faré <fahree at gmail.com> wrote:

>> But obviously today is not Nov 26 :-) Looks like there isn't an RTC on
>> the board or its not working correctly. get-universal-time reports the
>> time that the board thinks it is but since the files are on NFS, the
>> server (which most likely has the correct date) reports a date way
>> ahead.
>>
> Bug reproduced. And fixed.
>
> 1- it should work with 2.011.3
> 2- you can test with your skewed clock (or skewing it again)
> 3- don't forget to unskew your clock in the end.
>
> Thanks for the bug report!

Thanks for the quick fix. I verified the fix and it works fine.

In Open Embedded linux, the hwclock program uses a timestamp file
(/etc/timestamp) to keep track of date in case there is no RTC. When
linux boots the date is set by reading from this file. I had untar'ed
my filesystem on Nov 25 but started working on my code only a couple
of days back. That's the reason for get-universal-time to report a
date in Nov, but file-write-date reports the actual date, which is in
Dec.

Thanks again!
--Sid