[asdf-devel] Problem with time skew

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 08:04:35 UTC 2010

> I'm using ASDF on CCL running on a TI ARM Cortex A8 processor with Linux. I have
> very simple hello world system written that I'm trying out.

We can't help you w/o access to the source code.

> When I try to load, I find that that find-system is called continuously and
> this never ends. I see the following on my slime window.

Is your asd file trying to load itself?

> On investigation I found that the universal-time stored in *defined-systems* is
> just slightly behind the file-write-date. The dates I see are in-memory:
> 3499707641 and safe-file-write-date 3500387179.

So you loaded a previous version of the file on Nov 25 and last modified
the file on Dec 3. What else happened in the meantime?

> I'm not sure why the time skew exists but I can always abort the recursive calls
> after a few times and then use the system.

Is the file loading itself *after* the defsystem? Or is it just using
the result of a previous defsystem?

> Any thoughts on this? Is this seen on any other implementation/OS?

Show your code first.

Death is only a state of mind.

Only it doesn't leave you much time to think about anything else.