[asdf-devel] Problem with time skew

Sid H shortsightedsid at gmail.com
Sat Dec 4 07:03:32 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm using ASDF on CCL running on a TI ARM Cortex A8 processor with Linux. I have
very simple hello world system written that I'm trying out.

When I try to load, I find that that find-system is called continuously and
this never ends. I see the following on my slime window.

CL-USER> (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op 'cl-syslink)
<Package "ASDF0">
; Registering #<SYSTEM "cl-syslink"> as cl-syslink
<Package "ASDF1">
<Package "ASDF2">

On investigation I found that the universal-time stored in *defined-systems* is
just slightly behind the file-write-date. The dates I see are in-memory:
3499707641 and safe-file-write-date 3500387179.

I'm not sure why the time skew exists but I can always abort the recursive calls
after a few times and then use the system.

Any thoughts on this? Is this seen on any other implementation/OS?

--Sid