[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.0 and beyond.

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Tue Apr 20 14:14:02 UTC 2010

On 4/20/10 Apr 20 -8:39 AM, Faré wrote:
> Dear Juanjo,

> My plan is to freeze the master branch at the end of April,
> thereupon only accepting bug fixes or trivial enhancements,
> and hopefully declare 2.0 released before the end of May.

FWIW, I would like to suggest that we freeze the master branch /except/
documentation (and possibly tests).

I'm not going to be available to improve the manual much till after the
end of April, because of conference obligations that don't end until the
third week of May.

The manual is /better/ now, but it's still pretty bad, and not worthy of
the new release.

Of course, someone /might/ jump in and do a lot of work on it before
then, but you and I are the only people so far.

It'd be OK with me to release at the end of May, but I'm hoping that it
would be ok to do further 2.0.x releases with better documentation, and
bug fixen after May.

Best,
Robert