[asdf-devel] ASDF 2.0 and beyond.

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 13:39:55 UTC 2010

Dear Juanjo,

I'm sorry that my mail was taken the wrong way. It was only meant to explain
why I'm rejecting a lot of ideas *FOR NOW*, i.e. until ASDF 2.0 is out, even
though I'd like to see SAME IDEAS take form *AFTER RELEASE* and be merged in.
I actually agree with your approach and your propositions, I'm just
postponing them until after a 2.0 release.

My plan is to freeze the master branch at the end of April,
thereupon only accepting bug fixes or trivial enhancements,
and hopefully declare 2.0 released before the end of May.

I was suggesting that for the impatient, a 2.1 branch be created,
that would become the master branch after 2.0 is released
(with 2.0 itself becoming a secondary branch).

As for XCVB, I think that it would make a good start for an ASDF 3,
but that doesn't matter much.

For pretty much every writer, the big problem isn't piracy, it's obscurity.
        — Tim O'Reilly, as cited by Cory Doctorow